Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hangeul - Learning Korean

Long time no update.... sorry! Life's been a bit busy. Grad class just finished so I have some more time. A few friends and I just started taking Korean lessons. I love taking Korean lessons. Our tutor is pretty awesome and life is becoming easier. I mean I might be on a kindergarten to pre-school level, but at least we get some credit for trying. The reaction from my students is really interesting too. "Why do you want to learn Korean?" "Read this", "Your Korean is really good." or "Hahaha miguk saram." (the last meaning American)

I'll make a mini dictionary for you all:
안녕하세요? hello an-yong- ha-say-yo
미안해요 sorry mi-an-hae-yo
감사합니다 thank you kam-sa- nida
선생님 teacher sun-saeng-nim
미국 America mi-gook
한국 Korea han-gook
킴밥 kimbap
밥 rice bap- I first wrote bap just thinking that everyone knew what it was
하나 one hana
식당 restaurant sik dang
버스 bus bus- uh
서울 Seoul
정자 Jeongja
커피 coffee co- pee


There is actually an english way to write Korean, but I just kind of make up my own pronounciation. I will try to update with pictures soon. We just got back from snowboarding this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment